It's 2012! Happy New Year! Any New Year's Resolutions? I've never really been big on making resolutions because frankly, when I did, I didn't stick to them. So no resolution for me. And New Year's Eve has never been a big deal for me. Many years in middle school and high school, I would babysit that night. The past few years have been spent with family. So this year was another low-key New Year's Eve. That morning we went to a follow-up appointment at the doctor's for the boys. Mason was getting better, but the twins were getting worse. I think they are on the mend! After the doctor's, we came back to the hotel because we knew there were going to be a lot of people out. Especially around our hotel because the Burj Khalifa was doing a huge fireworks show. So we stayed in most of the evening. Rod and Ashlee went to a friend's suite, here at the hotel, whose room faces the Burj Khalifa. So we put the twins down and then Rod and Ashlee left. A little later, I put Mason to bed. Our room faces the other way, to the courtyard. There is a pub in the courtyard and they were having a big party, playing music. It was pretty loud so the kids were not able to fully go to sleep until after midnight. We didn't get to see the fireworks, but we sure heard them! Here's a link to a video of the Burj Khalifa fireworks show! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxueEPFA5B0&feature=player_detailpage
Mason started school this week! Yesterday he only went for part of the day because the family had to do some paperwork stuff for their visas. Today, Ashlee said that he got really upset when she left! Hopefully, he had a fun day today and will like going to school. Since the family had to work on their visas, I had some time off. I decided to go to the pool! Yes, on January 2nd, I went and layed out by the pool!
It was a beautiful 77degrees!
This was my view! The Burj Khalifa!
I'm sure you are tired of me talking about the Burj Khalifa! I'm kind of tired of it myself! I plan on going on a tour of Dubai this Friday to see more of the attractions!
I'm hoping to give you a better view of Dubai in my next post! So stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment