Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yesterday afternoon I got to see a different side of the city. I was invited to go out on a boat and go to a little island just a little ways off the coast for a barbecue. We went out by the Palm and the Burj Al Arab. The Burj Al Arab is also known as the only cross in the Middle East! As you can see from the picture below, if you look at the Burj from the sea, you can see a cross! Some speculate that the architect did this on purpose and had the cross in the design but nobody caught it until the building was already under construction and mostly built. The original design has the cross section part longer therefore making the cross more prominent but after catching the cross in the design they decided to make the cross section part shorter.
It was such a beautiful evening. The water was so calm. It was a little chilly when we were moving but when we were just stopped in the water, listening to the quiet and watching the sun go down, it was beautiful! It was a nice change from the hustle and bustle of the city.


Below is a picture of the Palm in Jumiera and you can see the Atlantis Hotel out on the right.
 
After the Burj Al Arab, we went out to this little island just off the coast of Dubai.

Here is a picture of the downtown Dubai skyline.

Here's a picture of Amy, Ana, and I! My Texas friends in Dubai!
We were the only ones out on the island and it was so pretty. We barbecued and visited by the fire! It started to get dark and we felt some rain drops so we left the island and it actually rained on our way back. It was really more like a mist or sprinkling but here they consider that a rain! One of the girls said that there is a storm coming in. The high is going to be in the mid-60s the next couple days. It’s probably warmer in Texas!
I wanted to share something else with you. The other night, the family and I watched a movie of the magician Dynamo. I had never heard of him but the things he does is incredible. I would love to know how he does his tricks! Here are some videos of a couple of his tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment