Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello blog readers! First off, thank you for your prayers! They are much appreciated! Second of all, I want to know how you are liking the blog. It's the first time for me to blog, so I'd like your feedback. Are you enjoying reading the blog? Is there something you would like me to change about the blog? Would you like me to write more/less about Dubai itself, more/less about the family, more/less about my experiences here. What would you like to hear? And if you want to know something specific, let me know! Thanks again!

Since I shared some pictures of Cash last time, I thought I would share some pictures of Jake! The past couple of days he hasn't been taking a good nap in the afternoon so we've had lots of time to play just he and I!


Jake and I were playing and I think Cash got jealous and decided he needed to join in on the fun!
Jake thinks it's funny punching Cash in the face!! (Jake is on the left, Cash on the right)

Here's a cool story! We have a patio and it overlooks the courtyard of the hotel complex. It is our saving grace! Whenever either one of the twins is fussy, for whatever reason, we can go out on the patio and they settle down. I don't blame them! It's really relaxing! The weather is usually great and there is a little breeze with the sound of birds, water, and the faint sound of traffic. It's our own sleeping sound machine! And it does wonders! Today it worked twice! The first time was earlier in the evening when Cash was getting a little fussy. We went outside and I sat down and he just sat in my lap for maybe 20 minutes, just staring out into the courtyard. It was great! The next time, was this evening when I was trying to feed Jake. He was upset and wouldn't take his bottle. I had tried several times but he wouldn't take the bottle he was so upset. So I stepped outside and literally a minute later, I gave him the bottle and he took the whole thing! The best part about the night is what happened next! There was a fireworks show! (I tried to include a video but it wouldn't load. I think that's happened on a couple other posts as well. And I tried taking a picture but they didn't turn out, even using the fireworks mode on my camera! Oh well!) I had mentioned before that on New Year's Eve they had a big firework show at the Burj Khalifa but I couldn't see it. I was a little disappointed that night, so God brought me some fireworks tonight!

3 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job blogging, Jen! Keep it up! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! The topics are so interesting & you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I am there! Love reading your posts :) post some more pics of the city!

    ReplyDelete