Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Now for the light-hearted part of the other night! The Desert Safari was fantastic! I went with a few other girls. Natasha and Brittany are best friends from South Carolina who are now living here in Dubai. And then Amy and I are both from Texas! Holla! Amy had been on a desert safari before but the other three of us hadn’t. It was also Amy’s birthday weekend so we were celebrating that as well! Our driver Hamoud, came and picked us up in a Land Cruiser with Jill and Steve (the couple I told you about in the other post) and we made our way out to the desert. We’re pretty much already in the desert but we just drove further out into the desert!! We drove to the first stop and they let us get out and take some pictures of the sand dunes. Then we headed off on the dunes! Brittany and I were stuck in the back so we got rocked around quite a bit more than everybody else!
Nat, Britt, and Amy!

When I laid in bed that night, I still felt like I was riding in the car over the dunes! You know that feeling after you spent the day at Six Flags or an amusement park riding roller coasters? That feeling that you are still going? That's how I felt! It was tough getting pictures because we were bouncing everywhere, but I tried my best!
Natasha screamed a few times and so to make it more fun, Hamoud drove a little crazier! On our way, we even saw some camels! A baby camel too!
Then more dunes! We got to stop and run around and take pictures, then we loaded back up and headed to the camp.
Amy and me
 Britt, Nat, and Amy all running in the sand!
St. Patty's Day 2012!
The camp was in Bedouin style and had tables set up all around a little platform stage area and we sat on cushions for the dinner.
Then they have a things to do around the perimeter of the camp. You can try on the abaya and the dishdash, try the Sheesha (Arabic smoking pipe), and falafel. A lady also does henna tattoos.
You could also hold a falcon. The falcon is the national bird here in the UAE.
They also had sand-boarding and camel rides outside the camp.
After a little while, the belly dancer came out! She was good, but I could go without seeing that again!!
The dinner came next; salads, Arabic bread, hummus, rice, chicken, fish, spaghetti, and more! It was a huge spread! And very good! After dinner came another dancer. I don’t know what he would be called, but he was probably the highlight of the night!
He was so good!
All of us girls!
Nat, Britt, me and Amy

Overall, I would give the Desert Safari 5-stars!! Definitely a must if you come to Dubai!
I wanted to share a video with you. It has nothing to do with Dubai. I was recently introduced to David Dunn’s music. He's a brother of a girl I went to college with. He also auditioned for The Voice this year. Unfortunately, he didn't make it. But I really like his music. This is a video of a new song off his new album that will come out tomorrow the 22nd. I love the message of the song. Check it out!
 

1 comment:

  1. That looks so fun! Lots to do and see! And I am glad you're in the pictures!!! So excited for you but I am so ready for you to be back in Texas so we can plan Roommate Weekend 2012! I'm thinking... Shreveport? HOLLA!

    ReplyDelete