Saturday, March 10, 2012

I told you that I would get back to you and tell you about going up to the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa. It's quite a big deal. You really have to schedule a tour ahead of time online because they sell out so fast. All along the walk to the elevators, they have lots of facts and information about the Burj Khalifa.
You are ushered into a high-speed elevator that takes you 10 meters per second. The elevator takes you to the 124th floor. The building has over 160 floors, which means the observation deck is not all the way at the top. It's still pretty high though! Once off the elevator, you have a 360degree view of the city. Part of the observation deck is outside and has a break in the window so you can take better pictures.
That is the Dubai Mall on the left, the Dubai fountain in the middle and the Souk Al Bahar on the top right!
 This is a closer look at the last picture. That's the hotel complex where we're staying!
It's a little hazy but you can see the World Islands in the picture below!
The other part has glass and with the sand and dust storms, it leaves lots of sand and dust on the windows making it harder to see through. You can also see my reflection in the picture below!

 The picture above is another picture of the Dubai Fountian. Although, in this picture you can see the whole fountain.
If you know me, you know that I'm not so fond of pictures. But what I dislike even more is pictures of me by myself! I feel it's awkward. But I figured I should have proof that I'm actually in Dubai and not just posting pictures from the Internet! So here's proof that I was actually there at the Burj Khalifa!

Here in Dubai, the television is so-so. We have some good movie channels, a couple kid channels, and some of the news channels. The problem is the schedule is so weird that you never know what is going to be on at a certain time. Also the same shows will be on in the evening as were on in the morning. We watch a lot of Fox News, Cartoon Network, and whatever movie that's on. A friend of Rod's let us borrow some movies and tv series. I think I mentioned that we watched the whole first season of The Event. The older boy has also been introduced to Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Harry Potter. We have all the movies in each series. First it was Indiana Jones. I think we watched Raiders of the Lost Ark about 5 times in a row! It was on repeat! Then he moved onto Star Wars. At first, Mason says he doesn't want to watch the movies but once he starts watching the first movie, he's hooked. Star Wars was his next obsession. Every minute that he got, he watched Star Wars. After Star Wars, came Harry Potter. That's where we are now! I think he's on maybe the 4th or 5th movie in the series! He doesn't have a whole lot of space to play and we can't just send him outside by himself when Ashlee and I are dealing with the twins so he enjoys watching the movies. And he gets into them and tries to catch Ashlee and I up on the movies and explains to us what is happening! It's cute!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I still can't believe you're there! And you look FANTASTIC in pictures- even by yourself, missy!

    ReplyDelete