I know I haven't written in a while, alot has been going on! Mason turned 6 a couple weeks ago! He had school that day so Ashlee took a chocolate cake and he had a party with all of his friends from school!
Mason blowing out his candles!
Playing with all his friends on the playground!
After school Mason had MMA. I might have told you before, but he's really loving MMA and he tries to practice his moves with Ashlee and I and sometimes the twins! The first thing he goes for is the neck and he tries to take us down! We've told him many times that he's not supposed to fight with girls or the babies. He needs constant reminder!! For his birthday, Rod and Ashlee gave him a Nintendo DS. He opened it and said "What is it?" I guess it's good that he didn't know. But he's figured out how to play it and is on a lot!
For dinner, Mason was able to pick whatever he wanted for dinner. He picked sushi. I think that's the first time I've ever heard a 6-year-old ask for sushi for his birthday dinner! Usually it's pizza or cake, or like my nieces and nephews, IHOP!
My niece, Georgia, also just turned 6 years old. I am disappointed that I was not there, but I'll have to make it up to her when I get home! For her family celebration they went to Magic Time Machine. (Like I said, it's usually IHOP!) But I don't think she knew what she was getting into! She's a shy girl and, from what I heard, she wasn't enjoying it at first. But then my sister and her husband took her around to see all the different tables and all the waiters who were dressed as different characters. I think she enjoyed that. Then she had a beauty party with her friends another day. And she got to get her ears pierced!
Mason is on Spring Break and today he got to go to KidZania. It's an "Edutainment" Center where kids can "experience the world of adults." They have different cities and areas where they can learn different skills. They can be a pilot, dentist, doctor, race car driver, firefighter, etc. I did not go in, so I can't tell you a lot about it, but I can tell you that Mason had a lot of fun as a race car driver!! He also got to make a Coke-a-Cola. (He asked what a Coke-a-Cola was!! Mason, it's just a coke!) Here's the link to the website if you want to know more...http://www.kidzania.ae/city_tour.php?au=1
This link is to the city tour. You can click on a certain city and then you can pick a career in that city and it will show you some pictures!
This past Saturday was the World Cup. It's the big horse-racing event here in Dubai. Rod and Ashlee went and Mason, the twins, and I watched a little bit of it on TV. To start off the event, they had a fireworks display and then video screens that mimicked the glow-stick adorned dancers.
They have several races leading up to the World Cup race. Toni Braxton closed out the evening with a concert. The fashion is similar to what you saw at the royal wedding. The woman in dresses and the main focus are the hats!! Style awards are given out for best dressed couple, best dressed woman, best dressed man, and best hat! Here are a few pictures that I found of hats from this year!
These have to be my favorites! The left is the Burj Khalifa and the one on the right is obviously a horse! Very creative! I think the horse one won the best creative hat award!
You ask what does somebody win if they win the best hat category?! Oh, just to drive a Jaguar around for a year. No big deal!!
The best dressed couple with their prize!
The big winner of the night...Sheikh Mohammed. He's the Vice President of the UAE and the Ruler of Dubai, is the owner of the Godolphin Racing. He puts on the World Cup race. His horse, So You Think won the big race, the World Cup.
Sheikh Mohammed watching the races!
Sheikh Mohammed being presented with the World Cup

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment