Friday, December 16, 2011

This evening I had some time off. The Dubai Mall is right across the street and has pretty much everything. So I decided to go there. I had been twice before for short trips picking up things for the twins with the mom, but this evening, I went alone and was able to do a little shopping of my own. First off, the mall is the largest mall in the world. When we had been before I spotted some stores that I wanted to go to and I thought I would try to find them tonight. That proved to be harder than I thought! I should have used a pedometer to count how far I walked, because I think I walked at least a couple miles just trying to find all the stores! I walked to the first store, H&M, and walked around and came out right by the aquarium (the largest single-paned aquarium.) I reached into my purse to grab my camera and take a picture, but no camera.. I guess I should tell you that I knew I had my camera because while I was walking to the mall, I stopped to take a picture of the Burj Khalifa (the tallest building in the world.) I must have dropped it along the way or back in the store. I walked back into H&M and went to the fitting room, no camera. Then I retraced my steps, still no camera. Asked the manager, she escorted me to security. They took my name and number and told me they would call me if it turned up. Still no call. So adios camera. Oh and this was my new camera that I got for a birthday/christmas present. Oops. Don't tell my parents that I lost it! So that was frustrating. Then I wasn't quite in the mood for shopping. And of course, everything that I was shopping for, I didn't find. And I had wanted to take pictures of all the cool things at the mall, but obviously that didn't happen either. Needless to say, it was not a very successful trip to the mall. I'm hoping that they miraculously found the camera and will call or I'll have to buy a new camera. 
On a more positive note, we went to a Souk the other night. A souk is a local marketplace. It's right by the mall and by the Burj Khalifa. In the middle of the buildings is a huge fountain area. The souk, the mall, and the Burj Khalifa all have restaurants with outdoor patios surrounding the fountains. At night, the fountains go off every 30 mins. The fountains were designed by the same guy who designed the fountains in front of the Bellagio in Vegas. I've never been to Vegas, so I can't compare the two, but these fountains were incredible!


We were opposite the Burj Khalifa. This is one of the best pictures I could get.


Mason was so excited to see the fountains!


Here are a couple pictures of the fountains!






Pretty cool, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhh I LOVE the fountains!! They look just like the ones in Vegas! That is so amazing you guys are so close to these! I'm sad about your camera and will be praying that you find it! Hope to facebook chat with you soon!

    ReplyDelete