This past Saturday was an American-like day for me! The church that I have been going to here was having a BeachFest! They had a nice spread of food and we had a beach volleyball tournament.
Each small group from the church had a team. I was on the green team! And we won! Go green!
The photographer wanted to get us jumping in the air! Ana, another girl, caught us a little early!
I had a great time and it was nice to be out in the sun at the beach and meet other people from the church. And it was the perfect day to be at the beach! It was about 80degrees and light wind! I didn’t get all the way into the water, I just stuck my feet in, but it was nice! After the beach, my friend Amy, another friend Natasha and I went to a baseball game! Amy is the children and student’s minister at the church and one of her students was the one playing. They were actually called the Texas Rangers! So I went to a Rangers baseball game in Dubai!! lol. It was great baseball weather and great company!
Natasha Me Amy
Downtown Dubai in the back!
We kept the American theme, or Texas theme, going as we listened to country music on our walk to the mall. Then we continued with dinner at Texas Roadhouse! After dinner we went and saw the movie, The Vow. And we all had the caramel/salted popcorn at the movies! We really didn’t care which movie we saw, we just all wanted to popcorn!!! It’s so good!
It turned out to be a great day off! That day, I didn't feel so far from home! Sunday I also got to see these cute faces!!
Jackson and Georgia!
Remy had to get in too!
I got to Skype with my sister-in-law a couple times this week. And one of those times, my niece Piper joined her. I think the whole idea of video chat threw her off. It took her a little bit to warm up, but she finally started talking to me! Piper was there on Sunday too, I think she thought been there, done that and didn't feel the need to talk to me again! Even Jackson and Georgia were a little shy and quiet! I miss them all so much so it was great to get to talk to them and see their faces!

.png)
What a fun weekend! So glad you are having fun with new friends! You little adventurer, you!
ReplyDelete